- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate- coarsely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- confectioner’s sugar or edible gold dust
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat an 8” springform pan with butter.
- Put chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave on medium power.
- Combine butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until incorporated after each addition. Add melted chocolate and beat until combined. Add flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake until the top forms a thin crust; 35 to 40 minutes.
- When cake has cooled, remove the sides from the pan and slide onto a cake plate or stand. Dust with confectioners’ sugar or edible gold dust.
- For a special occasion, serve in Donatella’s ceramic ramekins!