- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 fresh black mission figs
- 6 ounces gorgonzola
- 6 slices prosciutto, halved.
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Pre heat Donatella’s Pizza Oven to 350°F.
- Make a shallow “X” with a sharp knife into the body of each fig. Gently press 1 oz gorgonzola into each fig. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each fig 1 ½ times, leaving the top exposed.
- Arrange the figs stem end up on lightly coated baking sheet or ceramic baker. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until prosciutto is crispy.