- To preserve the golden crust, I recommend baking my meatballs. Just take them straight from the freezer and into an oven safe dish like my ceramic ramekins. Then stick them in the oven at 400F for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- If making my meatballs with a red sauce, simply place frozen meatballs right into a deep pot and cover with your favorite sauce. Simmer on medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes until fork easily cuts through.
- Now, for some of my favorite recipes:
Shop my award-winning meatballs here on HSN.com.
Spaghetti & Meatballs
- 1 box spaghetti
- Donatella’s meatballs (approximately 1 dozen)
- 28 oz. Donatella’s marinara sauce
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Fresh basil leaves
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Heat Donatella’s sauce in a 5-quart pot over medium heat.
- Drop Donatella’s meatballs into sauce, heat until 165°, until fork easily goes through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to instructions. Drain & return to pot; add meatballs & sauce, toss gently over heat, toss in Parmesan & basil. Serve immediately.
(Makes 2 personal size pizzas)
- Donatella’s pizza dough mix
- 4 ounces of mozzarella
- 2 ounces Donatella’s tomato sauce
- Donatella’s frozen meatballs (1 – 2)
- 2 leaves of basil
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spread couple ounces of fresh tomato sauce evenly on entire surface of dough, leaving 1/4” of dough to form edge of pizza.
- Cut mozzarella into 4 uniform slices & place on sauce.
- Slice Donatella’s meatballs & place on pizza.
- Slide pizza directly onto pizza stone & bake approximately 8-12 minutes, until edge of pizza is golden brown & cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from Donatella’s tabletop oven, add basil, Parmesan, salt, pepper & extra virgin olive oil on top & serve.
- 1 dozen Donatella meatballs
- 1 jar of Donatella’s sauce (marinara or arrabbiata)
- 1 dozen brioche rolls, split
- 1 cup coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup basil leaves chiffonade
- Heat Donatella’s sauce in a large pot over medium heat. Drop meatballs into sauce & bring to a gentle simmer (about 12 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange rolls, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Place 1 meatball, a spoonful of sauce, 1 tablespoon mozzarella & 1 teaspoon Pecorino Romano or Parmesan on bottom halves. Bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Garnish with basil.