Use my HSN Pizza Dough Mix to make bread with this simple recipe.
(one pizza crust packages yields two large loaves)
- 1 cup warm water (not to exceed 105°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- electric mixer with paddle (optional)
- Add pouch 1 – yeast and teaspoon of sugar-to warm water. Stir until well combined, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add pouch 2 – pizza dough mix – to mixing bowl (with a mixer with a flat paddle); on medium speed add the sugar, water, yeast mixture and oil. Continue to mix on medium-low speed for 2 – 3 minutes until it forms into one large dough ball. Cut dough ball in half, set aside the other half.
- Mix together dough mix, yeast, water, sugar, and oil using a fork. When water is incorporated, turn dough ball onto a floured surface and knead by hand for 6 to 8 minutes, or until dough is tacky to the touch. Sprinkle some flour on your counter and roll the dough into a large dough ball. Cut dough ball in half, set aside the other half.
- Shape the dough ball into a loaf (a little thicker than a baguette). Allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for approximately 20 minutes (baking time varies depending on the oven).