Ahhh… A new year, a new beginning, an inevitable head-splitting hangover. Let’s be frank, tonight you are most-likely going to ring in 2014 with more than a few drinks and you’ll need a substantial pick-me-up come tomorrow. I presented my hangover pizza on the Today Show a few years ago, and it has all- a little fat, some protein, and fresh greens all topped on a delicious, warm pizza crust. All you need is a slice with some strong coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, and maybe a couple of Ibuprofen and you’ll be back on your feet in no time.
- 1 pound of pizza dough, at cool temperature (you can often buy dough from a local pizzeria or gourmet market, like Whole Foods)
- 10 ounces of robiola cheese, rind removed, at room temperature
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of white truffle oil
- 4 eggs
- About 30 minutes before baking the pizza, preheat oven to 500 degrees and place a large rimless or upside-down baking sheet in the lower third of the oven.
- Roll out dough on floured parchment paper, place on baking tray and bake for 8 minutes, popping any bubbles that pop up while cooking.
- Spread softened cheese, salt and pepper on the baked dough. Top with arugula and crack the four eggs on top. Place pizza back in the oven for three to five minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- Sprinkle finished pizza with truffle oil. Add sausage or prosciutto if you want a little meat with your eggs!