Hamburger sliders are traditional fare at Superbowl parties, so why not deliver the same homemade comfort food but elevate it to something special? Use my award-winning meatballs and homemade sauces from HSN and King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls to cook these sliders in no time.
Donatella’s Meatball Sliders
- 1 dozen Donatella meatballs
- 1 jar of Donatella’s sauce (marinara or arrabbiata)
- 1 dozen King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls (dinner roll size), split
- 1 cup coarsely grated mozzarella cheese. For a special twist, use my favorite stracciatella!
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup basil leaves chiffonade
- Heat Donatella’s sauce in a large pot over medium heat. Drop meatballs into sauce & bring to a gentle simmer (about 12 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange rolls, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Cut each meatball in half. Place 1 meatball, a spoonful of sauce, 1 tablespoon mozzarella & 1 teaspoon Pecorino Romano or Parmesan on bottom halves. Bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Garnish with basil.