I’m so excited to debut two new sauces to my line for HSN: Creamy alfredo and zesty pesto! I’ve added some pizza recipes with both sauces here, as well as the recipes below. For further inspiration, try using the sauces as a sandwich condiment, with chicken, fish or tossed in your favorite pasta.
Simple Pesto Bruschetta
- 1 12” baguette, sliced on a sharp bias
- Donatella’s pesto
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the bread slices on 1 or 2 baking sheets. Brush both sides of the bread generously with the oil. Top each with some cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. Rotate the baking sheet 180° halfway through the cooking time.
- Transfer bread to a clean surface and spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of pesto onto each slice and top with cherry tomatoes.
(Makes 1 9’ pie or 12 individual 3” pies)
- 1 (16 oz) package of lasagna noodles
- 1 package frozen spinack
- 3 cups chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 32 oz DONATELLA alfredo sauce
- 32oz ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Cook spinach according to package directions and drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and 16 ounces of Alfredo sauce, stir together. In another bowl, combine ricotta and drained, cooked spinach, and stir.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, place one layer of lasagna noodles letting the edges overlap slightly. Pour on chicken and Alfredo sauce mixture over noodle layer and spread evenly. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over chicken mixture. Top with another layer of your noodles. Spread spinach mixture evenly over noodles. Pour 8 ounces of remaining jar of Alfredo sauce over spinach mixture, spread evenly.
- Sprinkle another cup of mozzarella over sauce, lay on the final noodle layer and top with last of Alfredo sauce, 2 cups of mozzarella, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until top is brown and bubbly.
- Chef Tip: Want to make it vegetarian? Omit the chicken and substitute in 3 cups of your favorite roasted vegetables (squash, zucchini, roasted peppers!)