Some of the best recipes are whipped up almost by accident and completely on the fly! Last week I had a few friends over for a casual dinner, and served up a rich avocado and burrata bruschetta. The creaminess of the cheese and avocados were cut with tangy lemon zest and pink Himalayan salt. Delicious!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 garlic glove, finely chopped
- drizzle of high-quality, extra virgin olive oil (less than 1 tbsp)
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 8 oz. Burrata cheese
- pink Himalayan salt to taste (a pinch)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Recommended: olive bread, sliced and toasted
- Slice avocado into 1″ cubes, and top with 1 finely chopped garlic clove and zest of 1/2 of a lemon. Drizzle with high-quality extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice and toast olive bread. Cut Burrata into 1/2″ slices and place on top of olive bread slice. Spoon avocado on top and serve.