Brr! Winter is officially here. With snowstorm Hercules making his way through the city, I can’t think of anything better than curling up on the couch with my son in one arm and a cup of Nutella hot chocolate in the other. For those of you who are unfamiliar, Nutella is a delicious chocolate hazelnut spread. It’s the peanut-butter of the Italian pantry- often spread over crusty Italian bread for a sweet snack. (Try it with sliced bananas on top too- delicious!) Adding it to your hot chocolate adds a decadent Italian twist.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped (Valrhona is best)
- ½ cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- gourmet marshmallows, toasted it desired
- Combine milk and half and half in a saucepan and bring to a low boil.
- Remove from the heat and add chocolate and Nutella. Whisk until the chocolate melts and the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Toast marshmallows one at a time over a gas flame until sides are golden brown.
- Pour the hot chocolate in to a small mug and top with the marshmallow.